The education philosophy of the Queensbury School District Board of Education is founded on the belief that it is the joint responsibility of the Board of Education, Administration, Staff, Parents and the Community to nurture the intellect, manual skills, body, civic mindedness and social consciousness of each student.
Our school district is dedicated to producing well-educated citizens capable and desirous of self-culture and of effective self-government. Our school district aims to preserve the best of the past, to teach an understanding of the present, and to prepare the student for the future.
The Board of Education considers the following to be important in meeting the aforementioned goals, and accordingly, will work toward:
- providing a healthful, safe and pleasant environment.
- motivating our students to develop attitudes which contribute to emotional maturity and the desire to maintain a good physical health.
- instilling in the student a respect for the rights and beliefs of others and a sense of moral and ethical values which will contribute to his/her becoming a responsible member of our society.
- developing good work and study habits in listening, reading, and reflecting with understanding and appreciation, in order to further effective communication.
developing logical and critical thinking.
- offering opportunities for creativeness.
- encouraging a feeling for the aesthetic values of the arts.
- promoting a broad and comprehensive program of co-curricular activities which will help enable him/her to plan a worthy use of leisure time.
- guiding each student through a sound program of educational and vocational guidance in the selection of a course of study which will enable the student to achieve a level of success commensurate with his/her ability.
- providing appropriate educational opportunities for the learning disabled and the mentally, emotionally and/or physically handicapped student.
- stimulating the desire for further knowledge necessary to be a productive, contributing member of the community.
- obtaining the best administrative and instructional personnel possible in order to attain the above goals.