Welcome to QUFSD!
Queensbury Union Free School District serves about 3,700 students in grades K-12 on a single campus with four school buildings: Queensbury Elementary School, William H. Barton Intermediate School, Queensbury Middle School, and Queensbury High School.
The district has a reputation for academic excellence as well as fiscal responsibility. Queensbury consistently makes “adequate yearly progress” in English language arts and mathematics as measured by the New York State Education Department. On average, more than 90 percent of students graduate with a Regents or Advanced Regents diploma. At the same time, Queensbury also has one of the lowest total spending per pupil rates in the region and the state.
The district mission is to empower all students to be lifelong learners, inspired to pursue their dreams and contribute to the global community. School board members, administrators, teachers, support staff, students, and parents all work together to fulfill this mission in tangible, measurable ways.
Get to know Queensbury UFSD better by watching the video below.
The Place to Find…
- 21st century technology classrooms at the high school
- Co-learning labs at the intermediate and middle schools
- Full-day kindergarten
- Computer labs and library media centers at all four schools
- Electronic learning tools (e.g., SMART Boards, student response systems, plasma monitors)
- 12 advanced placement classes
- Electives in English, math, science, social studies, technology, art, and music
- Nearly 50 varsity, junior varsity and freshman sports teams
- Nearly 30 modified sports teams
- Numerous music groups and fine arts programs
- A variety of extra-curricular clubs at the intermediate, middle and high schools
- A single campus of 200+ acres that holds all school buildings, an indoor pool, competition-level playing fields, wooded cross country trails, and more