Welcome to Kindergarten Round-up!
It's that time of the year when we round up all Queensbury children who are eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. Children must be five years of age on or before December 1, 2018.
Queensbury Elementary School (QES) looks forward to working with you as your child prepares to begin his or her school journey. We recognize that success in kindergarten and throughout the elementary years is based on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Regardless of a child's entrance age, developmental ages and abilities vary considerably. With that in mind, each child who is preparing to enter kindergarten must go through a screening process. This gives our school staff insight on your child's strengths and areas he or she may need support in as he or she transitions to school. Early awareness of these strengths and weaknesses helps us develop the best educational plan for your child.
Kindergarten Round-up is conducted by a team of school specialists, including kindergarten teachers, reading teachers, school nurses and speech and language pathologists. During this time parents also have an opportunity to meet with our transportation department and school office staff.
Kindergarten pre-registration must be completed online. We look forward to meeting you and your child in May.
- February 1 - March 2: Parents complete the online pre-registration process
- April 2: QES mails Kindergarten Round-up appointment letters to parents
- Prior to round-up appointment: Parents gather all registration documentation (see right panel)
- April 26: Open house for parents of incoming kindergartners at 6:30 p.m. in the Queensbury Elementary School Cafeteria. Parents will receive helpful information, resources and a complete packet of registration forms.
- May 16-31: Kindergarten Round-up (no appointments on May 25 and 28)
- August 21: QES mails student placement letters to parents.
- August 21 - September 1: Kindergarten teachers mail letters of introduction and plans for classroom open house events to parents.
- September 6: Classes begin.