Mental Health Resources
Need someone to talk to?
Concerned about a friend?
- Report suicidal content/threats on Facebook
- Society for the Prevention of Teen Suicide
- National Association of School Psychologists: Save a Friend
Looking for help locally?
- Child and Adolescent Mobile Crisis Team for Warren/Washington County
Dispatched by Glens Falls Hospital: Emergency Clinical Team
Call (518) 969-1140
- The crisis team is available to respond to any child or adolescent in a psychiatric and/or behavioral crisis in their home, school, and/or community Monday through Friday, 11 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. When you call, ask for the “Parsons’ Child & Adolescent Mobile Team.” Be prepared to provide:
- Your name and contact information (phone).
- Name of child in crisis.
- Parent’s name and contact information (phone).
- Nature of crisis (brief description).
- If there is an immediate safety concern that warrants calling 911 (i.e., harm is imminent and can’t wait for mobile team response).
- If you have any questions or encounter a problem reaching the service, please contact Sydney Dwinell at (518) 409-8733. (Note that this is not a crisis number.)
- Council for Prevention: Yellow Ribbon Suicide Prevention Program
Want ideas for how to identify, prevent and respond to suicidal thoughts?
- New York State Office of Mental Health: Suicide Prevention
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention
- Suicide Prevention Resource Center
- American Association of Suicidology
- National Association of School Psychologists:
- Center for Diseases Control: Suicide fact sheet (PDF)