Section 504Board of Education Policy #4321.6
Section 504 prohibits discrimination against persons with a disability. QUFSD provides a free, appropriate public education to all students who reside in the district regardless of the nature or severity of the disability. The District has a responsibility to identify, evaluate and give access to appropriate educational services. Parents have the right to:
- Inspect and review their child’s educational records;
- Make copies of these records;
- Receive a list of individuals having access to those records;
- Ask for an explanation of any item in the records;
- Ask for amendment to inaccurate or misleading information;
- A hearing on the issue if the school refuses to make the amendment.