Dear WHBI Families,
The district learned that two additional individuals from the Queensbury community have tested positive for COVID-19. One was an individual from the William H. Barton Intermediate School. The other was an individual from Queensbury High School. Warren County Public Health is conducting case investigations and will advise individuals on the need to quarantine and arrange for testing.
Due to the growing number of cases and large number of individuals placed under quarantine, after consulting with our medical director and Warren County Public Health, we will temporarily transition all grade levels (K-12) to remote learning for the week of Oct. 5. The earliest students would return to school in-person would be Tuesday, Oct. 13, after the Columbus Day holiday. We will send an update to our families on Friday, Oct. 9.
The district will continue to collaborate with Warren County Public Health, the district’s medical director and follow all guidance from state and federal organizations.
Grade 4 students will need to pick up their Chromebooks/chargers and additional materials in order to learn remotely. Please plan to pick up these materials between 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. on Monday, Oct. 5 in front of the WHBI. If this time frame does not work for you please reach out to the WHBI Main Office (518) 824- 2600 to make other arrangements.
All students at the WHBI will participate in remote learning during this week-long closure. Students need to login to their Google Classrooms daily and follow the schedule set by their homeroom teacher. There will be several times daily that each child will logon to a Google Meet link where he/she will join classmates and the teacher for live instruction (synchronous learning). There will also be assignments for students to work on offline (asynchronous learning). Remote learning for fifth grade students will begin on Monday, Oct. 5 at 8 a.m. since the students have necessary materials at home to begin. Remote Learning will begin for 4th grade students on Tuesday, Oct. 6 at 8 a.m. to allow for students to receive the necessary materials. Please have your fourth grade log into Google Classroom on Monday to see information from their teachers. If your child has been participating in 100% remote learning already please have them continue to follow their normal schedule.
Starting Monday, Oct. 5, breakfast and lunch will continue to be available, free of charge, for students in need while QUFSD schools have moved to 100% remote learning. If you need meals delivered to your home, please fill out this form.
Snack Pack will be delivered for families on Friday, Oct. 9.
- Attendance will be taken during the homeroom period and noted in SchoolTool. Students are expected to log into their homeroom class at 8 a.m.
- Participation, conduct, and etiquette expectations remain the same as if we were in person learning at school.
- Morning Announcements will be conducted each morning and can be found here.
- Medication can be picked up on Monday, Oct. 5 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. please call Mrs. Lauren Barnaby-Monsour to schedule a time for pick up (518) 824-2603.
- If your student becomes sick during the school closure please reach out to our School Nurse, Mrs. Lauren Barnaby-Monsour, (518) 824-2603.
- Please complete the PinPoint screening system each day for students even though we will not be attending in-person learning.
We show our Spartatude each and everyday at the WHBI, now lets work together to show we are Spartan Safe!
Thank you and please let us know if we can help in any way,
Mrs. Gwynne Cosh and Mrs. Amanda Denno