The district is actively working on a return to school plan. As information becomes available, it will be posted on this page and shared with families via email.
Table of contents
Letters from the district
- Virtual reopening panel to take place Thursday, Aug. 6 (Aug. 5)
- Reopening plan updates and information (July 30)
- Remote learning preference form for families (July 29)
- Reopening survey results (July 28)
- Reopening updates and survey for families (July 22)
- Mandatory transportation form for all families (July 15)
- District reopening committee working on plans (July 10)
On Monday, July 13, Governor Andrew Cuomo announced the threshold criteria for reopening schools. The Governor will use these criteria to make a final decision on the reopening of schools for the Capital Region and the rest of New York State. This decision is expected to be made between Aug. 1-7.
New York state’s school reopening decisions will be made using these criteria:
- Open: Schools can open in a region in phase 4 where there is an infection rate at or below 5% (14-day average)
- Close: Schools will close if the regional infection rate rises above 9% (7-day average)
New York State Education Department
On Thursday, July 16, the New York State Education Department released guidance to help schools and school districts as they plan to reopen, whether that occurs in person, remotely, or in a combination of the two. Read the guidance document.
The district is pleased to announce it will continue to distribute meals throughout the summer.
- Mondays: Monday and Tuesday lunch, along with Tuesday and Wednesday breakfast
- Wednesdays: Wednesday and Thursday lunch, along with Thursday breakfast
- Fridays: Friday, Saturday and Sunday lunch, along with Saturday, Sunday and Monday breakfast
View the Google map of community locations with the estimated times of arrival for each location.
Please remember to practice appropriate social distancing during pick-ups. To protect our staff, we are unable to do door-to-door deliveries. Please come outside to the pick-up locations.
If your student plans on participating and they have dietary restrictions or need special accommodations, please email Josh Hodge at email@example.com.
Child care information
If you are an essential worker or first responder in need of child care during the summer, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following campus facilities are open at this time:
- School and office buildings are open by appointment only. If you need to visit a school or office building, please call in advance to schedule an appointment.
- Tennis courts
- Campus trails
Please remember to adhere to the rules that are posted in these locations. Individuals also need to practice appropriate social distancing guidelines.