The district has a 1:1 Google device initiative where all teachers, staff and students are trained in Google Classroom as our learning management system. All classrooms are supported with individual wireless access points allowing for strong wireless connectivity throughout the district. In addition, all classrooms are outfitted with a large display (LCD screens, monitors, etc.) for viewing of presentations.
The district provides all students and faculty with a district-issued computer device. Students and staff that have connectivity issues at home will be issued a mobile WiFi device (mifi). The district currently provides WiFi access in district parking lots currently, we will be installing additional outdoor wireless access points this summer to provide additional outdoor WiFi access at all buildings.
The district will provide students and their families with multiple ways to contact schools and teachers during remote learning, including School Messenger, Google Classroom, email, Remind 101 app and via phone directory.
- Recent surveys of our community have indicated that up to 98% of our families have home wireless internet access.
- Remote/Blended Model
- Professional development summer training for all Department Chairs and Grade Level Leaders focused on designing effective remote/online learning experiences and best practices for instruction in remote/online settings.
- Professional development occurs regularly with our staff through our technology integration specialist positions.
- Provide ongoing professional development and instructional support through daily office hours.
- Professional development also occurs with built in supports at each building through our technology teacher leaders (Lighthouse Teachers and Technology Bullpen).
- Coordinate the full implementation of Google Classroom and all G-Suite for education applications for teachers and students.
- Summer TeQ Summit to share best practices for virtual, in person, or hybrid style of instruction.
- We are developing a library of tutorial videos for best practices for teachers, students, and families to use.
- IT support provided by 2 computer technicians and 1 network analyst.
- IT support enabled for teachers and staff through our firstname.lastname@example.org ticketing system.
- IT support for parents enabled through our email@example.com email ticketing system.
- Continue to ensure requested software applications are working properly and approved for teacher and student use.
- Student help desks in the middle school and high school will operate within the new health and safety guidelines ensuring proper social distancing and disinfecting of equipment prior to initiating any Chromebook repairs.