Queensbury children who are eligible to attend kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year must be five years of age on or before Dec. 1, 2021.
Queensbury Elementary School (QES) looks forward to working with you as your child prepares to begin his or her school journey. We recognize that success in kindergarten and throughout the elementary years is based on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
Regardless of a child’s entrance age, developmental ages and abilities vary considerably. With that in mind, each child who is preparing to enter kindergarten must go through a screening process. This gives our school staff insight on your child’s strengths and areas he or she may need support in as he or she transitions to school. Early awareness of these strengths and weaknesses helps us develop the best educational plan for your child.
Kindergarten roundup is conducted by a team of school specialists, including kindergarten teachers, reading teachers, school nurses and speech and language pathologists. During this time parents also have an opportunity to meet with our transportation department and school office staff.
Kindergarten preregistration must be completed online. We look forward to meeting you and your child in May.
- Preregister your child (or children) (beginning Feb. 1, 2021).
- Download and complete the kindergarten round-up registration packet.
- Email the completed packet and the required and applicable documents listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of residency
- Parent/guardian valid photo ID
- Child’s birth certificate
- Immunization records
- Current physical record
- Custody papers (must be a signed copy)
- Foster care letter
- Preschool report card
- Asthma care plan
- Bee sting care plan
- Food allergy care plan
- Health history – caring for students with allergies
2021 roundup timeline
Feb. 1 – April 1
- Parents/guardians complete the online preregistration process
By the end of April
- QES mails kindergarten roundup appointment letters to parents/guardians
Prior to roundup appointment
- Parents/guardians gather all registration documentation
- QES mails student placement letters to parents/guardians
- Kindergarten teachers mail letters of introduction and plans for classroom open house events to parents/guardians