The new Queensbury Union Free School District Athletics Hall of Fame will recognize and honor athletes, coaches, teams, administrators, staff and community members who have made significant contributions to the district’s athletics program. To be considered for the inaugural class, nominees must have graduated from Queensbury in 2000 or earlier, and/or participated in athletics at QUFSD during the 20th century. The Athletics Hall of Fame committee will be accepting Hall of Fame nominations through April 1, 2023. Inductees will be notified in mid-June, and a ceremony will be held in the fall of 2023.
Click here to nominate an athlete online.
Printable nomination forms are also available.
Nomination forms are also available in the high school Athletic Office at Queensbury High School.
*Nominations for those not selected will stay active for three cycles.
All candidates for membership in the Queensbury Union Free School District Athletics Hall of Fame must fall into one of the following categories with the the criteria listed below:
1. Student-Athlete Candidates must have:
- Graduated from Queensbury – 10 or more years earlier
- Received All-Section or All League award; and/or
- Received All-State Award; and/or
- Recognized award winner for league, section, state, semi-professional status; and/or
- Received collegiate, national, Olympic, or professional status
2. Coach Candidates must have:
- Coached within the district for more than 10 years and served with distinction in a sports program; or
- Coached within the district for more than 10 years with achievement at league, section, regional, state, or national level; or
- Graduated from Queensbury and served with distinction in a sports program
3. Team of Distinction Candidates must have:
- Received team award 10 or more years earlier; or
- Been recognized for achievement at league, section, regional, state or national level
4. Administrator/Staff Candidates must have:
- Been a staff member for more than 15 years; and/or
- Served with distinction in the Queensbury Athletic program
5. Community Contributor Candidates must have:
- Noticeably gone above and beyond to serve Queensbury student-athletes
Number of Inductees
The inaugural and second classes shall include no more than 20 inductees. All of the future classes will not exceed 10 inductees.
Each year, community contributors will be considered as a special category based on their contributions and support of the Queensbury Athletics program. A community contributor will not be considered as one of the 10 inductees mentioned above.