Hello QMS Families,
Thank you all for your continued patience and flexibility as we continue to plan for opening day. There are many moving parts, but things seem to be coming together nicely.
Schedules are being fine-tuned, and will be available on SchoolTool (Parent Portal) by Tuesday, Sept. 1.
Reminder to our 7th and 8th graders – group 1 (last name A-K) will report in-person on Sept. 8, and group 2 (last name L-Z) will report on Sept. 9. Daily rotations will occur in that fashion.
Students who are 100% remote learners and in group 2 should check their emails before Sept. 8 to get their Google Classroom and Google Meet invites from your teachers. Block 1 starts at 8:10 a.m. See you then!
In fact, all students should make a steady habit of checking their school email accounts for messages from your teachers and Google Classroom posting alerts.
100% remote learners
School-issued materials (textbooks, classroom books, etc.) are being gathered by teachers. We are working very hard to ensure that our remote and hybrid students have everything they need. This takes time and may involve trips to campus to pick things up. If you have questions/concerns/limitations with obtaining these materials, please let us know. The first pick up dates will be
- Aug. 31 (8 a.m. – 3 p.m.) or Sept. 1 (8 a.m. – 3 p.m.) for 6th grade remote students
- Sept. 3 (10 a.m. – 3 p.m.) or Sept. 4 (8 a.m. – 3 p.m.) for 7th/8th grade remote students
Please join our REMIND notifications if you have not already:
- 6th grade – @QMS2027
- 7th grade- @QMS2026
- 8th grade – @QMS2025
- Classroom routines and assignments: Teacher
- Attendance: Attendance office
- Mrs. Ryle – (518) 824-3602 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Health updates or medical concerns: School nurse
- Mrs. Roberts – (518) 824-3603 or email@example.com
- Scheduling changes/counseling needs: Child’s counselor
- QMS updates/announcements: QMS web page
- Technical support: District help desk
Safety and wellness are key focuses for QUFSD as we return to school. We will be working with students to ensure that we all “take care of ourselves, take care of each other and take care of this place.”
To assist with this mantra, we need your help supporting the following Spartan SAFE routines:
- Students must screen daily, more information will be shared from the district.
- We will maintain physical distancing. We need to make sure we are being responsible, and respecting the safety of everyone in our school community.
- Students will walk in single file lines when transitioning.
- We have signage to assist with physical distancing and all adults will be reminding students of the guidelines.
- Every student will need a mask.
- Masks must be worn at all times unless eating, playing in band, some PE activities or during a scheduled break.
- Students will be sanitizing and washing their hands routinely.
- Students will help with wiping down their desk and chair before leaving classrooms. Our products are EPA approved.
- Our buildings need proper end-of-day disinfecting, and proper supervision. Therefore, no students are allowed into the building prior to 7:50 a.m., and all students must be picked up, walk home or take the bus at dismissal (2:50 p.m.).
Again, we thank you so much for your partnership. We have the most important jobs in the world (parents and educators)…okay, maybe I’m biased. We just want to get things “right” and we know that by working together, we can create and maintain an incredible (and safe) experience for our children.