Updated Sept. 3:
As required by New York State Department of Health, we are required to have in place a COVID-19 health screening process for all employees and students. We will be starting the use of an electronic health screening form through a secure and compliant program called Pinpoint.
This form should be completed prior to reporting to school each day for each child in your household before the times indicated below:
- QES: 8:30 a.m.
- WHBI: 8:10 a.m.
- QMS: 7:50 a.m.
- QHS: 7:15 a.m.
If your child is a hybrid learner (7-12) you still need to fill this form out each day. If your child is a full-time remote learner, you do not need to fill out this form.
Please see the directions on how to access the form:
- Please check your email first thing in the morning (look for an email titled WELLNESS)
- You may need to check your junk or spam folder the first time
- Follow the instructions in the email to access the form
- Answer the four questions as presented
- Based on how you answered the questions your student(s) will be cleared to report to school as normal OR you will be told to keep them home and contact your health provider
- If they are not cleared to attend school, you will also be contacted by the school nurse and/or a building administrator for next steps. The form will continue to be sent to both your email and phone as a text (if you choose this option). You only need to answer it one time, in either location.
Thank you for your continued cooperation. We look forward to a safe and healthy start to the school year.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What will happen if I answer “yes” to any of these questions?
If you answer yes to any of the questions you will be immediately notified by the form to keep your child home and to seek out a healthcare provider. You will also be contacted by a school nurse and/or a building principal to discuss next steps.
- Why are we screening students, faculty and staff every day? Can I opt out?
We are screening students daily because it is a part of the state’s guidance requirement and is a way to mitigate the risk of COVID-19 transmission and stay Spartan SAFE. Opting out is not an option as we are required to ensure that all students and staff screen each day.
- How will I know my answers are secure and safe?
- What happens if I forget to fill the form out?
Screening students prior to school is essential to mitigate transmission and to ensure a smooth delivery of instruction. If the form is not submitted, students will be screened in a location other than their classroom and may miss valuable instructional time.