Each year, Queensbury works to make the most effective use of resources to benefit students, to develop and manage the budget in a responsible and transparent manner, and to be accountable to taxpayers.
On Tuesday, June 16, Queensbury residents approved the district’s $67.6 million budget for the 2020-21 school year by a vote of 2,681 to 1,263. The budget maintains the educational programs. Learn more.
- Budget total: $67,563,088
- Spending increase: 3.32%
- Tax levy increase: 2.98%
School tax rates
Listed below are the school tax rates for the past several years. Tax rates are per $1,000 of assessed property value. The district sets final tax rates each August, after the towns finalize assessment figures and the state sets the equalization rates.
- 2020-21: $21.55
- 2019-20: $21.25
- 2018-19: $20.41
- 2017-18: $20.55
- 2016-17: $20.15
Homeowners who meet certain eligibility requirements through the New York State School Tax Relief Program (STAR) can have a portion of their home’s assessed value exempt from school property taxes. Learn more about the STAR program.
- Review enrollment data, facilities and related needs, building allocations and needs, district staffing, long-range budgetary plans and the debt service schedule
- Present budget development calendar to the Board of Education for adoption
- Administrators and supervisors review staffing, facility, construction, budget allocations and special needs requests
- Departments review their budgets, staffing and long-range needs
- Present preliminary budget forecast and budget assumptions and review the governor’s executive budget proposal
- Budget presentations and work sessions
- Board candidate petitions available
- Final review of budget proposal by Board of Education
- Legal ads published for annual meeting (45 days prior to vote)
- Board candidate petitions due by statutory deadline
- Budget adoption by statutory deadline
- Property Tax Report Card due to SED and newspaper
- Publicize budget information and hold budget informational meetings
- Conduct voter registration 5-14 days before vote
- Budget Hearing held 7-14 days before vote
- Mail budget notice after budget hearing, but no later than six days before vote
- Budget vote and board election