The WHBI Spartatude program promotes respectful and responsible behavior that creates a positive school environment where students feel safe and can achieve academic and social success. Strategies are established that help achieve important social and learning outcomes while preventing problem behavior through positive reinforcement and reward. The philosophy is to reinforce targeted behaviors rather than punish or deliver consequences for unwanted behaviors.
Through the Spartatude expectations, students learn what is expected of them in the classroom, throughout the school, on the bus and in the community. When students are "caught" exhibiting these behaviors by teachers and staff, they are rewarded with a Spartatude ticket. As a celebration of earning tickets each quarter, WHBI administrators invite students to participate in a special Spartatude celebration.
In order to earn Spartatude tickets, students should always exhibit these five Spartan Behaviors:
- Be Safe: Keep control of self, including body and choice of words, within all areas of school.
- Be Respectful: Kind and polite when interacting with others; follows classroom and school rules.
- Be Responsible: Prepared each day for school; completes assignments.
- Be Cooperative: Listens, communicates, and gets along with teachers, classmates and others in school.
- Be A Problem Solver: Identifies a problem, brainstorms solutions and then chooses the best solution.