WHBI Counseling CenterMrs. Donahue is the WHBI Counselor. She is available to address the personal, social, emotional, and academic needs of all students in grades 4th and 5th. Mrs. Donahue works closely with the administration, staff and parents to help students feel confident, responsible and overall successful. She counsels, consults, and collaborates with families providing strategies to improve academic, social and behavioral achievement. Prevention and crisis intervention are the goals of the intermediate school counseling program.Goals of the William H. Barton Intermediate Counseling Program
The WHBI Counseling Program Includes:
- To support students in progressing toward self-advocating and personal development.
- Strive for the maximum development of every student focusing on academic, emotional, social and career needs.
- Respect the rights and responsibilities of parents/guardians for their children and aim to establish a collaborative relationship that promotes the child's continual development.
- Individual counseling
- Group Counseling
- Crisis Counseling
- Placement of New Students
- Facilitating meetings with parents/guardians, teachers, administrators and other support services
- Restorative Justice
- Classroom Guidance Lessons upon request
- Supporting parents/guardians with attaining services of local clinical mental health providers
- Home Visits