High School Counseling Center
OCTOBER 19 - 21, 2017
APPLY BY SEPTEMBER 20, 2017
Rensselaer invites academically talented seniors, who are underrepresented minorities or young women, to apply for the STAR (Science, Technology, Arts at Rensselaer) Program. The STARProgram allows high school seniors to experience life as a Rensselaer student. They will attend classes, tour campus, visit our laboratories, and connect with current Rensselaer students, faculty, and staff.STAR begins the evening of Thursday, October 19, 2017, with a dinner reception and concludesSaturday, October 21, 2017, at the close of the Fall Open House.
The agenda will include:
· Interactive leadership activity
· Academic experience - attend classes
· Undergraduate research overview and tour of laboratories
· Campus tour
· Student panels
· Student organizations and clubs fair
· Lodging and meals with current students
Please share this information with your top students. Students may apply online by September 20, 2017 to participate in the STAR Program. A copy of each student's high school transcript is required to complete the STAR application prior to the deadline date of September 20, 2017.
Students accepted to participate in the STAR Program will receive a confirmation email from Rensselaer.
At the end of the event, all participants will receive an official letter confirming their participation in the event. We always encourage the students to show the letter to you and/or an attendance clerk so their absence is recognized as an official college visit.
We have been fortunate in previous years to have a limited number of travel grants available. Considering we have had as many as 200 students participate in recent years, we cannot provide travel grant assistance to every student who applies. The travel grants are awarded based on need as well as merit. Requests for assistance MUST be made on the STAR Programapplication. With the increase in requests, we will not be able to consider requests after the application decision is made.
Hudson Valley Community College (HVCC)
INSTANT ADMIT AT QUEENSBURY COUNSELING CENTER
- November 9th
- 9:30 - 10:30 am
- Sign up & pick up instruction packet in Counseling Center - you need to apply online prior to 11/9 - then meet with admissions counselor on 11/9 to be accepted
Attention juniors and seniors (2017-18 school -year) This is a unique college scholarship opportunity offered through the United States Senate Youth Program (USSYP)
A few highlights of the program:
- $10,000 College Scholarship
- a week in Washington: all expenses paid for by The Hearst Foundation
- meet Senators, cabinet members, officials from the Departments of State and Defense and directors of other federal agencies and hear major policy addresses
- meet with a Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
For more information there is a flyer posted in the Counseling Center.
CASDA Fall College Fair
- Wednesday, 9/20/17
- Hudson Valley Community College - Edward F. McDonough Recreation Center
- Two Sessions: 9-11:30 am & 6-8:00 pm
For directions and additional information go to www.casdany.org
Attention Students: Due to a rescoring of the Geometry CC Exam completed by New York State, some students at Queensbury High School will have had their Geometry CC Exam grade changed, which may also have resulted in adjustment to the Final course grade. In all cases, scores improved for these students. Please refer to the Schooltool Student and Parent Portal for an update to these changes