Transportation DepartmentThe Queensbury Transportation Department is dedicated to transporting students to and from school safely every day. In fact, American students are nearly eight times safer riding in a school bus than in cars with their parents, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Work in TransportationQueensbury school bus drivers enjoy competitive hourly rates, great benefits, summers off and part-time hours. Click here to learn more about being a bus driver in Queensbury (PDF).Click here for details on all current job opportunities with the Transportation Department.School Bus Safety TipsIt's the law! Never pass a stopped school bus when its lights are flashing!
- Queensbury bus drivers have an outstanding safety record, which is tracked by New York State. They receive rigorous training and refresher courses each year.
- A team of mechanics work to ensure Queensbury school buses reliably provide students with a safe, timely and efficient mode of transportation. The state Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) has rated the Queensbury program among the best in the state, citing an In-Service rate greater than 90 percent for district buses.
- Flashing yellow lights are a warning that the bus is preparing to stop and load or unload students. Be prepared to stop.
- When the red lights are flashing, you must stop. This includes all roadways and any place on campus, including parking lots.
- Watch for children after they leave the bus - they can be impulsive and unpredictable.
- Buses do not turn right on red.
- Vehicles that pass a bus while the red lights are flashing will be reported to the Department of Motor Vehicles, as well as the Warren County Sheriff's Department.
Director of Transportation
421 Aviation Road
Queensbury, New York 12804
Main Number: 518-824-5660
Fax Number: 518-824-5655