Dear 7-12 parents/guardians,
On Wednesday, Sept. 16, the Foothills Council announced their decision to play low-risk fall (season 1) athletics at the varsity level, with a Sept. 21 start date. There will be no junior varsity (JV) or modified athletics this fall. The fall season 1 will end on Nov. 21.
Sports classified as moderate and high risk (season 2) will be postponed until March 1, 2021.
We are obviously disappointed that the current circumstances will not allow us to play a full complement of fall sports beginning on Sept. 21. However, we are prepared to offer the low risk sports to our students under the guidelines established by the Foothills Council. This format is not ideal, but it will allow for some participation while the priority remains on keeping school open for in person instruction.
Varsity sports beginning Monday, Sept. 21, 2020 (Fall sports season 1)
- Boys & Girls Cross Country
- Boys & Girls Golf
- Girls Tennis
View registration information for these sports. All student athletes should be registered by Monday, Sept. 21 prior to the 3 p.m. tryouts.
Sports postponed until March 1, 2021 (Fall sports season 2)
- Cheer – Varsity & JV
- Field Hockey – Varsity, JV, Modified 7/8
- Football – Varsity, JV, Modified 7/8
- Boys & Girls Soccer – Varsity, JV, Modified 7/8
- Girls Swimming & Diving – Varsity
- Girls Volleyball – Varsity, JV, Modified 7/8
- Boys Volleyball – Varsity, JV, Modified 7/8
Each sport must abide by the following roster sizes:
- Boys Cross Country: 10 students
- Girls Cross Country: 10 students
- Boys Golf: 10 students
- Girls Golf: 10 students
- Girls Tennis: 20 students
These roster limitations were established by the Foothills Council to address constraints related to travel, daily team management and COVID-19 prevention practices. Tryout times and locations are listed below for the sports that are being offered:
- Tennis: High School Gold Gym on Monday, Sept. 21 at 3 p.m.
- Golf: High School Gold Gym on Monday, Sept. 21 at 3:15 p.m. – Meeting only
- Cross Country: High School Blue Gym on Monday, Sept. 21 at 3 p.m.
Director of Health, PE and Athletics