Dear QMS families,
As you are aware, due to the growing number of cases and large number of individuals placed under quarantine, after consulting with our medical director and Warren County Public Health, we will temporarily transition all grade levels (K-12) to remote learning for the week of Oct. 5. The earliest students would return to school in-person would be Tuesday, Oct. 13, after the Columbus Day holiday. We will send an update to our families on Friday, Oct. 9.
The district will continue to collaborate with Warren County Public Health, the district’s medical director and follow all guidance from state and federal organizations.
- Grades 6-8 will continue to follow their daily schedules remotely for synchronous (live) instruction
- We have built a wonderful routine over the course of September
- We will continue to follow our Daily (A1, A2, etc.) schedule. Here is the Day calendar for the month of October
- Monday will be a B day
- Tuesday and Wednesday will be C days
- Thursday and Friday will be D days
- All students need to continue to be screened each day using the Pinpoint Health screener, even though they are remaining at home for instruction
- Students will log in to the appropriate Google Meet for each class following their schedule
- Attendance will be taken each block
- In order for students to be marked PRESENT:
- They need to arrive on time
- Their camera needs to be on
- They need to remain in the meet for the entire block unless instructed otherwise by their teacher
- Conduct, participation, and dress code expectations remain the same as if we were physically present in the classroom
- Here is the communication flow chart should you need assistance throughout the week
- If your child needs materials from school, please call our main office at 518-824-3602 to make contactless pickup arrangements
- If your child is experiencing Chromebook issues, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to pick up medications from our nurse’s office, please contact Mrs. Roberts at 518-824-3603
- Morning Announcements will be posted here each day and presented in Block 1 classrooms
Remember, we show our Spartan PRIDE every day, now we need to work together to show we are Spartan SAFE!