Dear parents and guardians,
I hope your summer is off to a great start!
This week, we received guidance from the New York State Education Department (NYSED) and the New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) about the procedures to reopen school. We are reviewing all of the information from these agencies to plan for all facets of reopening. An important piece of this planning includes transportation.
As a result of this guidance, we have developed a mandatory transportation form for all of our families. This information is important for our transportation planning purposes. As we continue to receive guidance from NYSED, please note our subsequent planning is subject to change based on direction from the state. In order to help us plan accordingly, we kindly request that all families in the district fill out this survey, by 8 a.m. on Monday, July 20. Please have one parent/guardian fill this out per family.
Please carefully read the information below before completing the survey.
Use of face coverings on school buses
Please note that under the current guidance, all students and staff would be required to wear a face covering while on the bus.
All individuals must abide by the following guidelines when riding the bus:
- To minimize additional student contact, students need to be transported to and from the same address five days/week (there would be no special arrangements such as going home instead of day care on a particular day or getting on the bus at a friend’s house, etc.)
- Similarly, schedules that vary by day (where a student gets dropped off or picked up at different locations during the week) would not be possible.
- Parents/guardians would be responsible for transportation to and from other locations.
- Siblings would be required to sit together.
- Students would be required to sit in the same assigned seat every day.
- We understand this may present challenges for families, but we must abide by these guidelines to ensure we protect all of our students and staff members.
- Families are encouraged to drop their student(s) off and pick them up if they are able to.
As a reminder, the transportation form must be completed by 8 a.m. on Monday, July 20. If you indicate that your student(s) needs transportation, we will send you an additional form later this month asking for the pick up and drop off location.
The district will continue to update all of our families as our reopening plans are finalized in the coming weeks.
Director of Transportation