This past April, Queensbury musicians have been hard at work performing for the New York State School Music Association (NYSSMA) “Majors”.
Nine ensembles from Queensbury participated, which is the most amount of ensembles from any school in the Capital Region NYSSMA Zone.
Queensbury UFSD bands, choirs and orchestras performed at Shaker High School, Columbia High School and Queensbury High School.
Participating Groups with Level and Performance Rating
- QMS 6th Grade Orchestra, level 1: Gold
- QMS 6th Grade Band, level 1: Gold
- QMS Chamber Orchestra, level 3: Gold
- QMS 8th Grade Band, level 3: Silver
- QHS Symphonic Band, level 4: Silver
- QHS Concert Band, level 5: Gold
- QHS Concert Choir, level 5: Gold
- QHS Madrigal Singers, level 5: Gold
- QHS Chamber Orchestra, level 6: Silver
Gregory Verheyn, the K-12 Music Department Chair, is proud of the work Queensbury put in, saying, “We are proud to be a part of a school district that highly supports providing students with access to a high quality music education. This is a record number of groups that have participated in NYSSMA Majors from Queensbury.”
Congratulations to all students and directors for outstanding performances!