Work hard, do your best, achieve your dreams at QES!
Queensbury Elementary School serves more than 850 students in kindergarten through third grade. The staff at QES focuses on helping students discover and eventually achieve their dreams. Highly qualified educators and professional support staff are available to support students. Success throughout the elementary years is based on social, emotional, physical and cognitive development.
The hours of operation for Queensbury Elementary School are 8:45 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Drop off/arrival times
- Approximate school bus unloading times are between 8:45 and 9 a.m.
- Students being dropped off by parents should arrive between 8:45 and 9 a.m.
- Students arriving after 9:05 a.m. are considered tardy.
Dismissal/pick up times
- All students board the buses between 3:30-3:35 p.m.
- At dismissal time parent pick ups take place daily in the back of the school. Parent pick up dismissal times:
- Last Names N-Z: 2:50-3:00 p.m.
- Last Names A-M: 3:05-3:15 p.m.
Half-day dismissal/pick up times
- When students have a half-day of school, at dismissal time, student pick ups take place in the school gymnasium at 11 a.m.
Changing a child’s dismissal procedure
Parents are asked to send in a note the day of the change in their child’s dismissal procedure.
If you are unable to send in a note, call the school before noon with any changes at the phone numbers below.
- Bus changes: (518) 824-1601
- Pick up changes: (518) 824-1631