Welcome to Queensbury High School, home of the Spartans! QHS serves more than 1,100 students in ninth through 12th grades. QHS has an outstanding tradition of offering a wide range of challenging academic coursework and a variety of extracurricular activities for all students. Our outstanding staff of dedicated professionals assists students in reaching their full potential.
Empower all students to be lifelong learners, inspired to pursue their dreams and contribute to the global community.
The following core values are the underlying beliefs that support the mission statement for Queensbury Union Free School District.
We believe that:
- Everyone has inherent worth;
- People are responsible for their choices;
- Every person is unique and has a gift or talent;
- Valuing diversity makes the community stronger;
- Honesty is essential for trust and integrity;
- Community flourishes when all individuals participate and contribute;
- Lifelong learning is essential for a meaningful life; and
- Persistence and hard work are attributes of meaningful achievement.
The hours of operation for Queensbury High School are 7:30 a.m. – 2:05 p.m.
Drop off/arrival times
The first bell rings at 7:25 a.m. Students arriving after 7:30 a.m. will be marked as a late arrival. If a student’s bus is late arriving, the student will not be marked late.
Dismissal/pick up times
- School is dismissed at 2 p.m.
- Regular dismissal buses depart at 2:06 p.m.
- Late buses (student sign-up in the main office required, no late bus passes): 2:48 p.m., 3:45 p.m. and 4:45 p.m.
Please note: Students are not allowed to be in the building after 3 p.m. unless they are with a teacher or coach.
The Queensbury High School schedule utilizes a block schedule format and operates on a four day rotation (A-D day).
- Block 1: 7:30-9:01 a.m.
- Block 2: 9:07-10:28 a.m.
- Block 3 and lunch: 10:34 a.m.-12:32 p.m.
- Block 4: 12:38-2 p.m.
- Activity period: 2-2:40 p.m.
- Lunch 1: 10:30-11 a.m.
- Lunch 2: 11-11:30 a.m.
- Lunch 3: 11:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Lunch 4: 12-12:30 p.m.
Inclement Weather Schedule
In the event of inclement weather and/or weather delays, view the inclement weather bell schedule.