Grades 9-12 Regional Summer Academy
The Queensbury Summer Academy hosts a BOCES regional summer school for any students currently in grades 9-12. The six-week program gives students an opportunity during the summer to make up courses they struggled with during the prior school year so they can earn credits towards graduation.During summer 2018, students will attend school:
School DayThe regional summer school will be hosted at Queensbury Middle School during summer 2018. Students' individual, daily schedules will vary based on the courses in which they are enrolled.Course OfferingsThe following list of course offerings is tentative and will be updated as necessary:Algebra Common CoreAlgebra II Common CoreGeometry Common CoreEnglish 9, 10, 11, 12Global Studies 9, 10U.S. History and GovernmentBiology/Living EnvironmentEarth ScienceHealthPhysical EducationEnrolling in the Regional Summer ProgramThe Queensbury Summer Academy: Grades 9-12 BOCES Regional Summer School is open to residents of Queensbury Union Free School district and to non-residents. Enrollment is free to district residents and $100/course for non-residents.Queensbury ResidentsTeachers, school counselors and administrators will contact the parents of students who need to strengthen their academic skills before the coming school year and assist them in registering for the academy.Non-resident StudentsParents of students who do not attend Queensbury schools should contact their child’s school counselor/principal about registering as authorization from the student’s home district is required.To complete the registration process, students and/or their parents must come to one of the in-person registration days. In summer 2018, those dates are Tuesday, June 26, for students who attend school in Queensbury UFSD and June 27-28 for non-resident students. Registration hours are from 8-11 a.m. and noon - 2 p.m. at Queensbury Middle School, 455 Aviation Rd. Items due at registration include:
- July 9 - 13
- July 16 - August 15 with no classes scheduled on Fridays.
- Summer Regents exams will be administered on August 16-17.
- Payment if a student's home district does not cover the cost of summer school. For non-residents, the cost is $100 per class (includes exam cost) or $40 per exam for those students not taking a class. Checks should be made payable to “QUFSD.”
- A copy of the student's IEP/504 plan and testing modifications.
- A completed Student Access Release and Authorization form from each enrolling student. Click here to download the form (PDF), which must be signed by the student and a parent to ensure computer access during summer school. Forms can be mailed in along with payment (see below) or turned in on the first day of class.