Return to Headlines
App Puts School News at Your Fingertips
It’s fast and easy to stay engaged in your child’s education with the Queensbury Union Free School District app for use on smart phones, tablets and e-readers. Anyone can download the free app from the Google Play Store for Android devices or the App Store for iOS/Apple.
Click here to watch a video about the app or read on for more information.
Download the App
Follow these easy steps to download the district app:
- Visit the applicable app store for your device.
- Search for “Queensbury school.”
- Select the free app called, “Queensbury Union Free SD: Custom School App.”
- Click on the “install” icon.
Customize the App for Your Child’s School
Once you’ve installed and opened the district app, district information is provided automatically under the “news” and “calendar” tabs. To see news and events for specific schools, customize your app by following these steps:
- Open the district app.
- Select the icon for “settings.”
- Tap the circular tab to the right of each school building for which you’d like to see information.
- The tab color will change to blue when it is activated.
Explore the App
The following features can be found by selecting the applicable icon on the district app main menu. After selecting most features, you can return to the main menu screen by tapping the < symbol at the top of a screen or by using the back button on your device.
- News – Find district and school news stories.
- Calendar – Access district and school events information.
- My School Bucks – Login to your child’s account and pay for school meals.
- Parent Portal – Open the Parent Portal website to access all features of the SchoolTool Parent Portal such as report cards, discipline records, attendance and more.
- Virtual Backpack – View fliers and forms from schools and community groups.
- Athletics – Find sports schedules on the athletics Web page.
- Menus – Download menus for school cafeterias.
- Schools – Find addresses, maps, phone numbers and websites for all four Queensbury schools.
- Contact Manager – Parents can update their personal information included in the School Messenger notification system, which sends out alerts by phone and email.
- Directory – Use this searchable directory to find employees’ titles, building locations and email addresses as well as teacher websites.
- School Board – Access meeting agendas, minutes, policies and more.
- Advocacy – Discover easy ways to advocate for Queensbury students and schools.
- Notifications – Find special alerts sent via School Messenger.
- Settings – Customize the district app.
- Social Media Bar – Links for district pages on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Vimeo.