Grades 6-10 Students, Parents to Explore Graduation Pathways
Nov. 3, 2016
U.S. families spend $7.7 billion a year on unnecessary tuition fees for students who took the wrong pathway to college graduation. Queensbury families will learn how to get on the right pathway now━for college and a career━during the upcoming series of “Queensbury High School Pathways” presentations.
This series will make it easy for families to explore the variety of pathways to high school graduation available in Queensbury. It will also show families why grades 6-8 are not too early and grades 9-10 are not too late to start charting a course for future success, whether “success” is seen as a job, industry certification or on-time graduation from a two- or four-year college.
Middle school and high school students will attend Pathways presentations by the superintendent during the school day, and parents are invited to attend evening presentations that will include question and answer sessions featuring school administrators and guidance counselors.
Come explore the pathways to graduation that interest your child on one of the following dates.
Grades 8/9 Parent Presentations:
- Tuesday, Nov. 15, from 6:30-8 p.m. in the QHS Auditorium or
- Tuesday, Nov. 29, from 6:30-8 p.m. in the QHS LGI (note location change)
Grade 10 Parent Presentations:
- Wednesday, Jan. 4, from 6:30-8 p.m. in the QHS LGI (note location change) or
- Wednesday, Jan. 11, from 6:30-8 p.m. in the QHS LGI (note date and location change)
Grades 6/7 Parent Presentations:
- Wednesday, Jan. 11, from 6:30-8 p.m. in the QHS LGI (note location change) or
- Wednesday, Jan. 18, from 6:30-8 p.m. in the QHS LGI (note location change)